I am a P.h.D. student in computer science at the University of Massachusetts Amherst advised by Professor Andrew McCallum.
I am a member of the Information Extraction and Synthesis Laboratory. My research focuses on machine learning and natural language processing.
I received my Master's degree from Indian Institute of Science in 2018 where I was a part of MALL Lab advised by Professor Partha Talukdar .
I also had a wonderful time working with Dr. Tijmen Tieleman in Minds.ai in 2018.
Representation Learning, Knowledge Base reasoning, Geometric Embedding.
2020 September - Our paper on improving indentifiability on Box Embeddings got accepted at Neurips 2020.
2020 August - Awarded the W. Bruce Croft Graduate Scholarship in Computer Science, UMass Amherst.
2020 March - Paper got accepted in AKBC 2020.
2019 September - Started my PhD in UMass Amherst with Professor Andrew McCallum.
2018 Nov - Presented two papers on temporal information processing in EMNLP 2018 in Brussels, Belgium.
Please visit my Google Scholar page for updated list of publications.
- SHIB SANKAR DASGUPTA, MICHAEL BORATKO, S. ATMAKURI, XIANG LORRAINE LI, D. PATEL, ANDREW MCCALLUM Word2Box: Learning Word Representation Using Box Embeddings. arXiv
- SHIB SANKAR DASGUPTA, XIANG LORRAINE LI, MICHAEL BORATKO, DONGXU ZHANG, ANDREW MCCALLUM Box-To-Box Transformations for Modeling Joint Hierarchies. 6th Workshop on Representation Learning for NLP (RepL4NLP-2021)
- TEJAS CHHEDA, PURUJIT GOYAL, TRANG TRAN, DHRUVESH PATEL, MICHAEL BORATKO, SHIB SANKAR DASGUPTA, ANDREW MCCALLUM Box Embeddings: An open-source library for representation learning usinggeometric structures
- Shib Sankar Dasgupta*, Michael Boratko*, Dongxu Zhang, Luke Vilnis, Xiang Li, Andrew McCallum. Improving Local Identifiability in Probabilistic Box Embeddings. Neurips. 2020 (* Equal Contribution)
- Dhruvesh Patel*, Shib Sankar Dasgupta*, Michael Boratko, Xiang Li, Luke Vilnis, Andrew McCallum. Representing Joint Hierarchies with Box Embeddings. AKBC. 2020 (* Equal Contribution) [pdf] [code]
- Shib Sankar Dasgupta, Swayambhu Nath Ray and Partha Talukdar. HyTE: Hyperplane-based Temporally aware Knowledge Graph Embedding. EMNLP. 2018 [pdf] [code]
- Swayambhu Nath Ray, Shib Sankar Dasgupta and Partha Talukdar. AD3: Attentive Deep Document Dater. EMNLP. 2018 [pdf] [code]
- Shikhar Vashishth, Shib Sankar Dasgupta, Swayambhu Nath Ray and Partha Talukdar. Dating Documents using Graph Convolution Networks. EMNLP. 2018 [pdf] [code]
- Scholarship. Awarded the W. Bruce Croft Graduate Scholarship in Computer Science, UMass Amherst.
- Gold Medal. Awarded the N R Khambhati Memorial Medal for best M.Tech student.
P.h.D. in Computer Science
University of Massachusetts Amherst.
Started PhD on Fall 2019.
Master of Technology in System Science and Automation
Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore. M.Tech. 2018.
Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical Engineering
Jadavpur University B.E. 2015.